Visit the WP6 website.
The LOW-e-RING network has been defined after the identification in two recent ICFA Workshops of a synergy between damping rings for electron colliders, synchrotron light sources and advanced factories (e+/e- colliders), which are facing similar problems in the control of very low emittance beams. The goal of this network is to federate for the first time these communities towards a common effort in defining theoretical and technological solutions and in promoting common technical choices.
- Enable evaluation of methods, approaches and numerical tools for designing ultra-low emittance optics
- Focus on methods to evaluate impact of impedances and instabilities in low emittance rings
- Promote interactions concerning insertion devices, magnets and alignment in low emittance rings
- Coordination and Communication
- Low Emittance Ring Design (LERD)
- Instabilities, Impedances and Collective Effects (IICE)
- Low Emittance Rings Technology (LERT)
The EuCARD-2 Networks share a common platform for information exchange and collaboration, the EuCAN Coordination of Accelerator Networks.